Augmented Reality Marketing
Top companies in the augmented reality (AR) space include Mutual Mobile, Zco Corporation and Next/Now. The marketing strategy for the above companies include social media campaigns, website advertisements, print ads, and blogs advertisements.
- The Zco Corporation is a "mobile app development and design company". Zco Corporation was founded in 1989 with an estimate of 200–500 employees. The corporation is one of the largest companies in the world. It has a customer base that includes Microsoft, Verizon, Samsung, and Liberty Mutual.
- Zco Corporation boasts of its versatility and experience. With over 300 engineers, designers and programmers, the company has the bandwidth to carry out compound projects simultaneously. Zco Corporation is a private company with an estimated annual revenue of $65.9 million.
- The company offers services in AR development, mobile app development, enterprise software development. Zco corporation leverages its social media platform and website advertisement to market the company's ability to create cutting edge software for current and potential customers. On Facebook, the company markets this ability through promoted video posts and informative pictures to 1,454 followers.
- The company also uses Twitter to market its services to 1,762 followers. Descriptive tweets and posts are used to give out more information about the company. Posts on LinkedIn are used to spread information to 970 followers. The company's blog and web page are major marketing tools for the Zco corporation. On the web page, there is detailed information about services rendered; e-mails are continually leveraged in its marketing strategies.
- Mutual Mobile is a private company that was founded in 2009. Its headquarters is located in the Southern region of the US with an estimation of 101-250 employees.
- The award-winning company boasts of the ability to bring digital experiences to life through an integrated approach to design and technology.
- Mutual Mobile has built over 200 digital experiences for different clients across the globe. This company has an estimated annual revenue of $31 million.
- The company uses unique marketing strategies like media campaigns across its social media platform, website advertisements, and engagements through print advertisements. On Facebook, Mutual Media advertises its products and services through videos and descriptive posts to its 2,399 followers. The company uses its Twitter platform to market to about 3,788 followers.
- Mutual Mobile company also uses its Instagram and YouTube page for marketing digital transformation to 444 followers and 337 subscribers, respectively. The company's blog and web page are also used in advertising the company's ability to bring digital experiences to life. E-mails are also used to send information across to customers.
- The main marketing message the company puts across its print ads, social media and websites is the company's ability to build innovative products and the transformation of digital experiences to reality.
- Next/Now company is a private company that was founded in 2011 by Alan Hughes. The company is an award-winning agency that produces futuristic experiences for leading brands. With the use of "natural user interface", display concepts and technology, Next/Now creates unique connections between people and organizations.
- Next/Now is a "digital experience marketing agency that specializes in AR, virtual reality, motion and gesture control, 3D animation and project mapping". The company has a robust client list that includes Intel, LG, John Deer, Discover, and Philips.
- With an estimated annual revenue of $14.9 million, Chief Marketer awarded Next/Now as one of the top marketing agencies of 2019 for its content "infinity room". This agency's marketing strategy includes marketing campaigns on social media, website advertisements, and e-mail promotions. On Facebook, posts and videos are shared with 1,217 followers. The company also markets to 2,265 of its followers on LinkedIn through picture contents.
- Next/Now also carries out marketing campaigns on Vimeo. The company leverages its Twitter and Instagram platforms to market to 3,422 and 642 followers, respectively. Descriptive tweets and detailed posts on digital experience inform the public on services offered. The company's web page and e-mails are also used to reach out to current and potential customers.
- The main marketing message the company puts forward is its ability to create futuristic digital experiences for brands all over the world.
To carry out this research, the team started by searching for a pre-compiled list for top companies in the AR space. We searched through trusted media sites, articles and publications in the tech industry. This search method was fruitful because the information needed was readily available. We were able to select four of the pre-compiled list from 99firms, Yourstory, GoodFirms, ThinkMobiles for further analysis.
The research team went further to search through each companies website, press releases, annual reports and form 10k reports hoping to identify the annual revenue for these companies. This search method proved futile because most of the companies are private, with no obligation to post their financial reports. We had to rely on third-party sources like Zoominfo for information on estimated revenue.
After the identification, we sorted the companies by revenue and we selected the first three as the "top" companies. We moved further to search press releases, publications and the website of the selected companies hoping to identify the marketing strategies of these companies. This search method proved fruitful. We also moved to search through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn to identify any marketing campaign by the individual companies. This search method proved fruitful as well.