Bethany Hamilton: Personal Life
Bethany Hamilton was born in February 8 1990 and started surfing competitively at the age of 8. She lost her arm in a shark attack and continued surfing, and has since received several awards, released books and films and spoken at different venues. Detailed information on her personal life is provided below and in the attached document.
- Bethany Hamilton was born in February 8 1990 in Hawaii.
- She started surfing competitively at the age of 8.
- At age 13, she encountered a shark attack in which she lost her arm. She returned to surfing one month later and was featured in the news for her determination.
- She has been honored by the US Sports Academy, MTV, Teen Choice Award, ESPN, Nickelodeon Kids Choice Award and SIMA.
- Bethany has also won the National Surf Championships and Surf n Sea Pipeline Pro.
- Her books include 'Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the Board', ‘Rise Above’, ‘Ask Bethany’, ‘Soul Surfer Devotions’ and ‘Raising a Soul Surfer’.
- Her films include 'Heart of a Soul Surfer', 'Soul Surfer' and ‘Unstoppable’.
- She has a non-profit known as Friends of Bethany.