Attentive Mobile Competitors
The mobile marketing space in which Attentive operates is fairly well-populated. Nine additional companies in this space that compete with Attentive include 3CInteractive, Vibes, Swrve, Plivo, Leanplum, Airship, CleverTap, MoEngage, and WebEngage. Details regarding each of these companies has been added to the attached spreadsheet; overviews of each company can also be found below, followed by an explanation of our research methodology.
- 3CInteractive provides mobile marketing services to enterprise clients. While the company's primary offerings include text message marketing, including SMS, MMS, and RCS messaging, it also offers a suite of additional mobile marketing tools, such as mobile wallet marketing, mobile web marketing, and push notification marketing. It also provides a data analytics monitoring system to track the performance of its marketing offerings.
- Given the company's focus on text message marketing services, it is a competitor to Attentive, though its suite of offerings expands past what Attentive provides.
- Vibes describes itself as "an international leader in mobile marketing engagement, helping brands reach consumers on the go." Its flagship product is a so-called "mobile engagement platform," offering SMS, MMS, and RCS message marketing, email marketing services mobile wallet marketing, push notifications, and messaging app integrations. It also provides analytics features to track the performance of these offerings.
- The company's mobile marketing offerings, particularly its text message marketing offerings make it a competitor to Attentive.
- Swrve provides a mobile marketing platform that "[combines] messaging across channels like push, in-app messaging, web push, email, SMS, and OTT with real-time data streaming" to "leverage real-time relevance" and create more impactful marketing.
- It offers a variety of personalization features including built-in A/B testing, as well as a host of delivery trigger mechanisms, including standard schedules as well as more advanced forms like geofencing. It also offers a variety of integrations, such as cloud, external analytics platforms, and others.
- Because mobile marketing, including text message marketing, is a substantial portion of the company's business, it is a competitor to Attentive.
- Plivo offers API platforms that allow enterprises to distribute SMS and voice messages to its customers for marketing, alerts, reminders, surveys, two-factor authentication, or other purposes. The company allows messages to be sent globally, and allows for response messages in 30 countries worldwide. Its platforms let businesses integrate their apps with SMS or voice capabilities, increasing these apps' functionalities manifold.
- Plivo's SMS capabilities mirror, in part, the offerings of Attentive, making the companies competitors.
- Leanplum is a mobile marketing service provider that began as a mobile-based analytics company and has gradually added a suite of mobile marketing offerings. In addition to its analytics offerings, the company offers push notification marketing, email marketing, in-app messaging, mobile web push notifications, and app UX offerings. It offers its enterprise clients personalized packages to suit their specific needs.
- Notably, Leanplum does not offer text message-based marketing, but is still a formidable player in the mobile marketing space along with Attentive, as evidenced not only by its extensive suite of offerings, but also by its impressive fundraising total, already at nearly $100 million.
- Airship is a mobile marketing and engagement platform provider that "gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet passes and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment."
- Its platform encompasses these channels and utilizes advanced orchestration techniques to distribute messaging optimally. Like many other companies in this space, it also offers a data analytics segment to track the performance of key metrics.
- Airship's offerings are more varied than Attentive's, but the two companies are nonetheless competitors in the mobile marketing space.
- CleverTap is a mobile marketing and analytics company that provides multichannel marketing services with a robust consumer data and audience segmentation analytics suite to ensure that marketing efforts are executed effectively across various channels.
- The company describes this two-pronged offering as "access to real-time behavioral analytics so you know who they are, and a platform with which to engage users on the right channels, at the right time, and with a message that resonates."
- SMS, push notifications, in-app messages, Facebook, Google, and WhatsApp are some of the channels for which the company provides marketing services.
- CleverTap's mobile marketing offerings, including its SMS marketing services, make it a competitor to Attentive.
- MoEngage is a mobile engagement and analytics platform that offers engagement services across numerous channels, including SMS, push notifications, email, in-app messages, and others. It also offers extensive analytics capabilities to track user behaviors, key performance metrics, and trends. The platform leverages AI to optimize multichannel marketing approaches and focus marketing efforts on channels that customers use and prefer the most.
- Like Attentive, MoEngage offers SMS marketing services (along with a range of other offerings), making the two companies competitors.
- WebEngage is a mobile marketing and analytics service provider. The company offers multichannel engagement services, including mobile push notifications, in-app messages, SMS, web overlays, web push notifications, and emails. It also offers multifaceted analytics offerings, including user segmentation tools for client companies to track their customer bases.
- WebEngage is a competitor in the mobile marketing space, offering SMS marketing services like Attentive, along with additional offerings.
Your research team employed the following strategy:
To find true competitors to Attentive, we first searched a variety of relevant databases, such as Crunchbase and Owler, to obtain the names of companies to investigate further. After finding numerous companies in this manner, we conducted a search of each company's website to understand its offerings. We sought companies that operated in the mobile marketing space, offering SMS marketing (like Attentive), or potentially services that directly competed with SMS marketing, like push notification marketing or email marketing. After locating nine companies in the mobile marketing space that provided relevant services, we completed additional research, primarily on companies' websites, to provide an overview of each company's mission and offerings.