AT&T - New Businesses (2015 - 2016)
After a thorough and wide-reaching search through AT&T databases, especially AT&T news portal, our research identified 30 press releases around new business the company has ventured into between 2015 and 2016. During this time period, AT&T has ventured into new businesses in healthcare, Sharing Economy Education, urbanization industry 4.0 / society 5.0, VR/AR, Cyber Security, and IoT. We have populated the attached spreadsheet with details of our findings. Outlined below is a summary of our findings.
- AT&T in 2016 collaborated with Samsung and Carnival Corporation to launch virtual reality cruise vacation experience.
- AT&T in 2016 opened its Foundry for connected health at Texas Medical Center Innovation Institute.
- AT&T collaborated with Amazon Web Service (AWS) in a new partnership deal to expand its cloud solutions including Cyber Security, cloud networking, and IoT.
- AT&T launched its first virtual reality app, DIRECTV.
- AT&T launched its sharing economy education platform, AT&T Aspire Accelerator.
- AT&T collaborated with LugTrack to launch its “TUMI Global Locator,” a new wireless tracking device designed to help track the location of their luggage, travel bags, and other traveling items in real time.
To provide the requested information on press releases that regarding new businesses AT&T ventured into between 2015 and 2016, your research team scoured through AT&T’s news portal. While this source provided articles on the company’s new business ventures in health care, urbanization industry 4.0 / society 5.0, VR/AR, artificial intelligence, IoT, and Cyber Security, no press release was found on AT&T’s new ventures around aging society, block chain, and biotech future of work.
We also consulted reputable media sources like USToday, Business Insider, and PR Newswire for press releases around AT&T new business launch in biotech future of work, aging society, and block chain, a thorough search through these sources yielded no information on this. Since, a thorough search through the sources above yielded no press releases on AT&T’s new business venture in biotech future of work, aging society, and block chain, we, therefore, concluded that AT&T did not venture into new businesses in biotech future of work, aging society, and block chain during this period.