SWOT Analysis: Assaia
Assaia has many opportunities and strengths as compared to its weaknesses and threats whereby, among other strengths, the company has unique products and services like provision of Artificial Intelligence (AI) solution that helps to better manage operations by understanding what is happening in real time. One weakness is that Assaia has not yet started utilizing the unstructured data that other big companies are going after to fine-tune their technology.
SWOT analysis for Assaia
- Assaia has embraced a partnership and has several partners like IATA, SITA, ADB Safegate and Amadeus among others. This partnership has supported and boosted the company's growth rapidly.
- The company has unique products and services like the provision of AI, which helps to better manage operations by understanding what is happening in real time.
- Assaia's focus on providing situational awareness and generating customized alerts powered by their AI technology has helped them remain competitive because the alerts enable the prevention of delays and incidents. Moreover, dangerous situations are identified such as equipment/aerobridge that has not been stowed properly, humans not wearing high-visibility vests, and foreign object debris management.
- Since most Airports already have CCTV in place to monitor the ramp, Assaia augments this infrastructure with machine learning technology and captures a time stamp for every event that is happening during a plane turnaround, helping attract more customers to their products and services.
- Assaia products use high-resolution time stamps to look into the future and through this, everyone knows a turn’s status and when the plane will leave the stand. Thus, resources are used more efficiently, and delays are reduced.
- Use of this technology helps partners tremendously increase service levels.
- Assaia deploys their technology in three stages to ensure their clients are fully conversant with the product: (1) Small-Scale Pilot, (2) Soft Roll-Out and (3) Full Roll-out.
- By working with several airports in the world, Assaia can work with the largest US carriers.
- Assaia has not yet started utilizing the unstructured data that other big companies are going after to fine-tune their technology.
- During their 3-step deployment, a lot of time and other resources are wasted when training their clients because they have to work in close collaboration with their customers.
- If the company can adopt structured data use like the way Google, Amazon, and Facebook did, there is a big opportunity for prosperity.
- Assaia was selected along with other three finalists to work with IAG Cargo. This is an opportunity to access the necessary resources to develop, shape and test their products working in their own offices.
- The company has an opportunity to grow on a global scale by receiving investment from IAG’s digital fund to scale their business.
- The United States President Donald Trump signed an order to federal government agencies to dedicate more resources and investment into research, promotion, and training on AI. Assaia, being one company in the industry, can utilize the opportunity in increased access to federal data.
- Assaia has developed a "straightforward approach to demonstrate [their] technology" to consumers. Competitors might use the same concepts and develop superior and related products to theirs by making sure that all the weakness in Assaia's software is addressed.