Asbestos Removal - US Market Size
The global asbestos market is shrinking, while the Remediation market and the Demolition & Wrecking Industry are steadily growing. The roughly estimated US asbestos removal market size is $77,751,000.00 (calculated).
- The global asbestos market is shrinking, caused by a decline in both asbestos production and consumption, which is currently half of what it was in 1980.
- Several paywalled reports exist that, possibly, either outline the asbestos removal market size in the US, or provide the asbestos removal market share within the Remediation market, including this paywalled report which is accessible for $99.
- The Remediation and Environmental Cleanup Services Industry will generate $18 billion in revenue this year, with a growth rate of 2.2% over the 5-year period from 2014 to 2019.
- The US Demolition & Wrecking Industry will generate $7 billion in revenue this year, with a growth rate of 2.2% over the 5-year period from 2014 to 2019.
The biggest asbestos removal companies in the US by annual revenue
- Action Restoration — $24 million
- Clean Management Environmental Group, Inc. — $9 million
- GEL Engineering — $9 million
- Valor Technologies, Inc. — $9 million
- Best-TEC Asbestos Abatement, Inc. — $5.5 million
- AA Wrecking & Asbestos Abatement Co., Inc. — $5 million
- McGill Asbestos Abatement Co., Inc. — $4.2 million
- Seaway Painting, LLC — $4 million
- Asbestos Abatement Inc. — $2.5 million
- AFM Environmental, Inc. — $2.5 million
- Construction & Consulting Associates, Inc. — $1.5 million
- Environmental WastePro, Inc. — $900.000
- Alloyd Asbestos Abatement Co. — $651.000
The research team was not able to determine the exact size of the asbestos removal market in the US. Strategies, creative approaches and triangulation attempts we have attempted are as follows:
First, we have searched directly for pre-compiled reports that address the asbestos removal market size in the US. We have scoured various market reports, on sites such as Markets and Markets, Allied Market Research, as well as various industry-specific publications such as Clean-Up Information. In these types of sources, available information focused on the Remediation services market size rather than asbestos cleanup services, with only brief mentions of the subject under investigation. This way, the research team has obtained a number of paywalled reports that possibly answer the query.
We have then attempted to locate the specific NAICS code for asbestos removal services. Our goal was to use the NAICS code to locate the market size, since Federal Business Opportunities sometimes publish market size information regarding specific cleaning service NAICS codes. This strategy has ultimately failed because we were not able to determine the specific code for asbestos services in particular, search determined "Asbestos removal contractors" are listed under code 562910 along with various other cleaning service types, such as oil spill cleanup services.
Next, since search determined asbestos removal is part of the Environmental Cleanup Services market and the Demolition & Wrecking Industry market, also since sizes for both the markets are available, we have decided to search for segmentation charts of these markets to find the market share asbestos removal services take up, in order to calculate the asbestos removal market size. However, after searching through various market research sites, business publications and industry reports, no relevant information came up. Again, the information seemed to be available behind paywalls.
In a second triangulation attempt, the team has turned to searching for the global asbestos market size and the segmentation of the global market by region, hoping to use this information to derive at the requested market size. Again, market research sites and industry-specific publications were searched, however the global market size was not available. Instead, available information focused on irrelevant things such as number of global deaths caused by asbestos in 2017 or the number of employees in the entire asbestos industry.
As a last resort, the team has decided to search for statements from the biggest asbestos removal companies themselves, since they likely know the market and might disclose this information publicly. Companies we looked into include Action Restoration, Valor Technologies Inc. and Asbestos Abatement Inc., among others. Still, after an exhaustive search through each of the identified company websites, press releases and blogs, no relevant information was found. Statements from these companies mostly surrounded events, acquisitions and fleet increases, not focusing on the market they operate in.