Benefits of AI - Federal, State and/or Local Government (US)
Benefits of AI to government organizations include automating the recruitment process, reliable taxation, eases transportation, advances security and safety, helps in law enforcement, detecting irregular financial activities, and improving infrastructure.
1) AUTOMATES THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- AI could benefit the government human resource department by streamlining candidate sourcing and automate interview scheduling.
- It could also promote diversity and help the government avoid negative criticism during hiring.
- According to Govloop, relying on manual interviews and assessments to hire candidates, is guesswork because interviews do not cover everything the organization will want to know. A.I. will take the guesswork out of the way and allow governments to hire the right people by using algorithms to analyze job and performance-related data.
2) RELIABLE TAXATION
- The IRS can use AI for financial analysis on multiple transaction mediums for the purpose of taxation.
- The use of AI for taxation will benefit the government by providing efficiency and fairness and this will curb tax evasion and double taxation.
3) EASE TRANSPORTATION
- The transport department use of AI in the transportation system will reduce traffic congestion and improve the punctuality of its public.
- According to Deloitte Insights, AI can cut travel times by 25% and idling times by 40%.
- According to the secretary of transportation, the use of AI such as autonomous vehicles will decrease traffic fatalities and improve mobility.
4) ADVANCE SECURITY AND SAFETY
- Artificial intelligence can help advance security by predicting natural disasters and aiding in rescue efforts.
- Artificial Intelligence can also relay warnings of external threats to the government.
- The DoD is focusing on the use of AI in challenging cases that can benefit from AI such as perception, maintenance, humanitarian assistance, and disaster relief.
5) HELP IN LAW ENFORCEMENT
- The police department can benefit from AI by using it to clear cases that can be automated by bots.
- The city of Chicago is trying to prevent violent crimes before they happen using AI. The city's predictive analytics unit uses 911 call data to run spatial algorithms to identify where violent crimes are likely to happen.
6)DETECTING IRREGULAR FINANCIAL ACTIVITIES
- Government's use of AI will benefit it by detecting irregular financial activities such as money laundering and fraud.
- AI can also be used to detect terrorist financing. This will promote peace and greatly benefit the government.
7) IMPROVE INFRASTRUCTURE
- AI can be used to help optimize infrastructure, built smart cities, and generate and save energy.
- The use of AI will help the government to improve decision-making by providing accurate information needed to design, construct and operate infrastructure assets.
We started the research on the benefits of AI to government organizations by conducting an analysis of recent AI reports from think tanks such as Delloitte Insights and publications from reputable media such as Forbes. This produced relevant and credible information and arguments that we counter checked with other findings from reputable academia and industry leaders to ascertain their significance. We used this data to come up with the seven benefits.