App Registration Requirements, Pt. 7
For this part of the research, our team analyzed apps for the following devices:
- NordicTrack RW 500 & 900 Rowers
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Oculus Quest 2 VR Headsets
- Oura Ring
- Parrot Anafi
- Peloton Bike
- Petchatz HDX
- Petcube Play 2 & Bites 2
- PetSafe Smart Feed
Summary of Findings
- All the apps required an email, except for the Nividia Shield TV app, which requires no login or registration. Also, Oculus requires an email only if a phone number isn't provided instead.
- None of the apps required phone numbers except for the Nordic Track app (iFit app), and the Oculus app, unless an email is provided.
- The apps for Nordic Track, Oculus, Parrot, and Petcube allow a third party login option.
To conduct this research, each of the apps were downloaded via Google Play onto a smartphone. From there the registration process was walked through manually to determine the required credentials for registration.