Ameriprise Financial - Customer Perceptions
In general, it appears most customers have a positive perception of Ameriprise. However, viewers (not necessarily customers) have a negative perception of the company's ads due to how often they are shown on TV repeatedly.
- Hearts & Wallets surveyed consumers in over 5,000 households on what they want from financial services firms. The study showed that Ameriprise Financial is a leader in most categories.
- The surveyed customers ranked Ameriprise Financial as one of the leading financial services companies that "explains things in understandable terms."
- Ameriprise was also cited as a top financial service provider that understands its customers and shares their values.
- These customers mentioned that Ameriprise Financial has well-trained staff and offers the best personal financial advice.
- Ameriprise Financial is rated 3.3/5 based on 258 reviews on Consumer Affairs.
- Some reviewers complain about the company's rude and inefficient customer service, particularly with claims.
- As one reviewer asserted, they are "rude, condescending and the worst insurer ever."
- A few reviewers reported the complete opposite. They cited Ameriprise Financial's good customer service. A lot of customers also mention feeling well taken care of.
- According to one review, "When my wife was in an accident, I didn't have to go through the hassle of calling, waiting for a while, and then having to go through many hoops. They sent me an email, had me take pictures of damage and then followed up with a phone call. It was very quick and easy."
SOCIAL MEDIA BRAND PERCEPTION
- Ameriprise has almost 600 mentions on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit, and other social media platforms.
- About 64% of Ameriprise mentions on social media are neutral. Neutral posts are neither positive nor negative.
- An example of a neutral post is a quote by an executive of Ameriprise, "More advisors are taking action on taking control of their own destiny versus having their own destinies pointed out for them."
- Up to 31% of Ameriprise mentions are positive. An example of a positive post is a tweet that was posted on August 2019 mentioning a partnership between Guaranty Bank in Missouri and Ameriprise Financial.
- Another positive mention is "I just did a #backtoschoolsuppliessurprise that made my day. The girl told me that her dad died four years ago. This random act of kindness made her feel like he was watching over!! Thanks, Powell Consulting Group - Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. for sponsoring this surprise!"
- Only 5% of Ameriprise mentions are negative. An example is a Reddit post regarding what people think about different financial advisors. According to one user, "some Ameriprise advisors will maybe give you half-decent advice depending on how their practice is set up."
- According to a Forbes article, Ameriprise Financial's advertising "directly engages with particular emotions that their audience typically exhibits." The company releases different ads annually all under its Be Brilliant campaign.
- A tweet posted by a viewer in 2016 seemingly mentioned that the campaign was unbearable. It asserted, "Trying to decide on an appropriate punishment for whoever came up with the Ameriprise "Be Brilliant" ad campaign."
- Another tweet referenced how often the campaign is shown on TV, "@msbc @ameriprise PLEASE stop playing the Be Brilliant ad. There are only so many times you should be forced to watch it. @AndyKindler."
- A tweet posted on October 2018 mentioned, "Hey @Ameriprise? You do realize that the fake student in your ad is the same chick fake singing in the goddamn Humira ad, right?! Jesus, you corporate types must think we all believe these ads. Sorry, we don't. You what I believe? Science. Math. Logic. Ads? None."
- Although Ameriprise has released several ads on YouTube, it disables comments on all its ads. While most of these videos are also posted on Facebook, the comments on have little to nothing to do with the marketing/ad itself. They tend to be questions or mentions of friends/family.
- One Facebook user commented "Like this info" while another commented "Great video!" and "This is beautiful" on a recent Facebook ad by Ameriprise Financial about "Money and relationships."
- On another ad on Facebook titled "Be Brilliant | Ameriprise Financial Commercial | “Familiar Face," a Facebook user commented, "My ameriprise advisor is more than a family member, he’s also mentor to my son as a graduate 🎓 of the university of Michigan, thank u so much Jim."