America's Top Dog (2)
A social media audit for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook has been performed in order to locate any posts that reference America's Top Dog along with any Chewy mentions. Nine posts were located. The results and the process are shared below.
- The spreadsheet may be viewed here.
- To locate the most posts we analyzed Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram from January 1, 2020, to January 29, 2020.
- We first looked at any post tagged America's Top Dog and see if they mentioned Chewy. Then we did the process in reverse, looking at posts for Chewy and seeing if America's Top Dog was mentioned.
- Twitter provided the most results, but was dominated by the Retired Police Foundation. These were found by scrolling through #Americastopdog and looking for Chew mentions. When looking at #Chewy posts, there were no direct mentions in hundreds of posts of America's Top Dog.
- Facebook only shares visitor posts that are recent. Chewy gets hundreds of posts a day from customers. A review of over 100 posts had no mentions of America's Best Dog. Additionally, we indexed any posts with #americastopdog and had no results. We also went to A&E's page, where there were no mentions. We did find America's Top Dog by A&E, a page that required an approval to join. This path provided us with one post that is included in the spreadsheet, but it was a humorous post that is probably not useful. We then looked at Top Dog and America's Top Dog. An indexed search of both of these pages provided no results.
- With Instagram, we started with #Chewy. This was not a fruitful path. After looking through hundreds of posts of people's animals, we reversed and started looking at #americastopdog posts. After looking at every top post from Instagram, there were no mentions of Chewy. Finally, we looked for #chewycam. This provided us with posts from Chewy customers using the Chewy Cams they had purchased.
- Additionally, we avoided any duplication of posts that the client has already located.
- Time is of the essence when looking for specific posts, especially with Twitter and Instagram. Posts can get buried quite quickly and not show up in feeds. This could have affected the results.
- The majority of all posts on this topic where about specific dogs in the competition, not specific companies.
- It might be helpful to look the day after the show aired, we waited until the morning of January 30, 2020, to look at the feeds and again received the same results.