Computer Processor Customer Journey: Nordics
Selecting a new or replacement computer processor for business computers takes planning, research, and informed decision-making skills. Business and IT professionals in the countries considered the Nordics region, including Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, and Norway, have com commonalities in the process of selecting their computer processors.
Identification of Company Needs
- The Nordic region recognizes an increasing need to digitalise their business models, advertisements, and overall organizational operations. Therefore, business and IT professionals have needed to update their perceptions of needs when making purchasing decisions regarding computer processors.
- Established organizations originating in the Nordic region are experiencing business disruption due to lagging in their innovation in a digital world.
- Keeping up with competitors means Nordic businesses need to embrace technology such as artificial intelligence (AI), voice recognition, and blockchain-based platforms. Purchasing a computer processor for a Nordic business should consider these changing technology needs when deciding the options needed in the processor.
- Buying a computer processor for a business requires several considerations, many of which are consistent across countries.
- The business or IT professional needs to determine what the company needs from the processor. Companies must decide if they need a multi-core or quad-core processor, based on the company's needs. The business or IT professionals must research current and predicted technology needs to make an informed decision.
- Multi-core processors keep overall processes smooth when the business needs multiple applications need to run simultaneously.
- Quad-core processors are ideal for more intensive needs, such as businesses utilizing large database management or graphic-intensive applications.
- Nordic countries recognize the need to use more advanced technology, meaning quad-core processors are likely beneficial.
- Dell's website offers additional guides and information articles, geared toward individual countries such as Norway, to assist business purchasers in choosing the processor options that best meet the business' needs. Business and IT professionals may benefit from this resource to help inform purchasing decisions.
- Several companies offer computer processor options in Nordic countries. Some of these companies include B&H Photo Video, NewEgg, and Elkjøp. A globally well-known retailer offering computer processors in the Nordic region is Dell.
- B&H sells new and used computer processors with multiple options and capabilities.
- NewEgg primarily is a global, virtual store offering multiple processor brands and styles from a central location.
- Elkjøp has a more limited selection of processors, as this company appears to focus more on selling laptops, mobile technology, and gaming technology.
- Dell has a wide selection of processors, for business and personal use, in addition to resources on making effective purchasing choices.
- Many Nordic industries use a flat management structure. This means a variety of professionals in the business and IT department may have a part in purchasing decisions, rather than a particular managerial position.
- The Nordic region tends to experience a shortage of engineers and IT professionals. Therefore, this region often imports IT talent from other countries. When purchasers are imported talent, the purchasing decisions may be affected by cultural differences.
Purchase Decision Timelines
- Specific information on lead time to purchase computer processors in the Nordic region was not located.
- A general recommendation is for businesses to replace their computers, including the processors, every five years. Business and IT professionals should keep this in mind when determining when to budget for computer processor purchases.
- The population in the Nordics region tends to be well-educated, due to the free education availability. When presenting Nordic business and IT professionals with technology options, such as components and systems, this factor should be a consideration.
- The Nordic region is beginning to see areas in which business technology is lacking, which is affecting even the most established businesses. Providing resources to assist Nordic businesses in catching up with current digital trends likely would appeal to purchasers.
Specific information regarding the typical customer journey in the Nordic region was not publically available. Therefore, research focused on areas of need for business and IT professionals faced with making purchase decisions for computer processors. Research began by reviewing recent information on the technology needs in the Nordic region. These needs were cross-referenced with available research options that may assist in decision-making. Common providers of computer processors serving countries in the Nordic region were located and analyzed to determine unique factors. Lead time for purchases was not located, but information estimating how often purchases would be needed was located. Additional insights to consider when appealing to the Nordic market were identified as well.