Alteryx: Company Overview
In April 2019, Alteryx opened new offices in Japan and the United Arab Emirates to support its expansion into the Asia-Pacific and the Middle East and Africa markets respectively. The company has signed strategic partnership agreements with Thomson Reuters in March 2019 and PwC in February 2020. Alteryx appointed a new chief strategy officer in April 2019 (Sharmila Shahani-Mulligan) and a new chief marketing officer in August 2019 (Amy Heidersbach).
Where Alteryx Is Investing Its Resources
- On April 4, 2019, Alteryx announced that it had acquired ClearStory Data, a company that provides intelligence analytics solutions for enterprises. The value of the deal was $19.6 million.
- Alteryx opened a new office in Tokyo, Japan on April 16, 2019 to support its Japanese customers and the growing demand for its analytics and data science platform in the Asia-Pacific market.
- The company opened a new office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on April 18, 2019 to support its expansion into the Middle East and Africa markets.
- On June 12, 2019, Alteryx launched the latest version of the Alteryx Platform (2019.2). Its new features include an interactive guide for creating machine learning models (Assisted Modeling), centralized data source connector, interactive results grid, and improvement in collaboration.
- On October 4, 2019, the company announced that it had acquired Feature Labs, a company that provides feature engineering solutions for machine learning and artificial intelligence applications. The value of the deal was $37.7 million.
- On March 29, 2019, Alteryx announced that it had signed a strategic partnership agreement with Thomson Reuters. The partnership will allow the companies to combine the capabilities of the Alteryx Platform and Thomson Reuters’ corporate tax technology platform ONESOURCE to streamline data analysis for tax professionals.
- On November 15, 2019, Alteryx announced that it is working with Arizona State University to drive Smart City program development in the Phoenix Metro area through advanced analytic solutions. As part of the Alteryx for Good university program, Alteryx is also assisting Arizona State University to accelerate data literacy levels and development of the future workforce.
- On February 3, 2020, Alteryx announced that it had signed a five-year strategic partnership agreement with PwC. The partnership will allow PwC to introduce automation, analytics, and digital transformation practices to its clients through the Alteryx Platform.
Leadership Changes and Appointments
- Sharmila Shahani-Mulligan was appointed the chief strategy officer in April 2019. Her predecessor Langley Eide left the company in January 2019.
- Amy Heidersbach was appointed the chief marketing officer in August 2019. Her predecessor Seth Greenberg left the company in February 2019.
- Over the past year, Alteryx has also created new leadership roles such as chief data and analytics officer and chief operating officer. Alan Jacobson was named the chief data and analytics officer in May 2019, while Scott Davidson was appointed the chief operating officer in December 2019.
Major Publications/White Papers
- On March 29, 2019, Alteryx published a white paper called Predictive Analytics Made Practical: Three Keys to Putting Predictive to Work for You. The white paper provides readers with information such as how companies can leverage analytics to solve business challenges and how to become an AI-driven organization. The full report is only available for download after filling up a registration form on Alteryx’s website.
- On May 21, 2019, Alteryx published The State of Data Science and Analytics, a global survey commissioned by the company and conducted by IDC. According to the report, data analysts are wasting a significant amount of time due to productivity-related challenges. The full report is only available for download after filling up a registration form on Alteryx’s website.
- On July 13, 2019, the company published a white paper called A Brief Guide to Innovating Tax with Analytics. The white paper focuses on how Alteryx’s analytics solutions can help tax professionals accelerate their decision-making capabilities and improve accuracy. The full report is only available for download after filling up a registration form on Alteryx’s website.
- On October 16, 2019, Alteryx published The 2019 Data and Digitization Report, a global survey commissioned by the company and conducted by Censuswide. The report provides the benefits of data analytics in digitization projects launched in countries such as the United Kingdom, France, Germany, United Arab Emirates, Japan, and Singapore. The full report can be accessed here.
- On December 4, 2019, Alteryx published a white paper called Democratizing Data in Manufacturing. The white paper provides readers with information such as how to remove analytics roadblocks, where to focus on data science efforts, and how to provide employees with data analytics training. The full report is only available for download after filling up a registration form on Alteryx’s website.