Akeneo has been ranked among the top PIM's globally by IDC. Customers can try the product at no cost, and as an open source solution, there is a wide network of developers and users available for support.
A synopsis of the spreadsheet is below and the full response can be seen here.
- Akeneo is an OpenSource Enterprise Product Information Management solution for B2B and B2C companies. It takes data from an organization's flat files, ERP and any other data source, collects, clean and prioritizes the data, classifies, translates and enriches product information, controls data quality, supports workflow processes and manages multiple sales channels.
- "Core features include collect data from any source with built in API’s, enrich and control the quality of the product information and spread product information to multiple channels."
- Advanced features include Advanced Rights Management for role and security management, Asset Manager to track pictures, videos etc, Rules Engine to automate repetitive tasks, Validation Workflow to support the governance process, Teamwork Assistant for task generation and assignment, Versioning & Publication to track historical versions of product information, Franklin Insights, Reference Entities to manage brands, designers etc, and Data Quality Insights to track the accuracy of the data."
- Akeneo has had five funding rounds, total of $61.4 million.
- Clients include Sephora International, Staples Canada, Fossil, Lancaster Luxury Leather Goods, Essilor Eyeglasses. Website provides list of over 180 clients.
- "Akeneo PIM Enterprise Edition is an enterprise-grade, open source PIM solution and open API, which delivers a transparent, secure, and extensible environment for the exceptional flexibility." The product has 98 featured extensions for everything from automatic SKU generation to automated back-up. The solution partners include Accenture, CGI, Alpine Consulting and Blue Badger."
- Case studies show KPI's in catalog volume increase, centralization of product data, data enrichment automation, multi-channel support, supplier onboarding, team collaboration, time saving in data enrichment.