Airpods Pro: Equivalents
The Sony WF-1000xM3 earbuds are arguably the best wireless noise-cancelling headphones for Android users on the market right now. They also appear to be the only true wireless (AirPod-style) earbuds that come with Google Assistant integration out-of-the-box. More details on the Sony WF-1000xM3, and two other equivalents to the Airpod Pro headphones are presented below.
- The Sony WF-1000xM3 earbuds feature adaptive active noise control (ANC), a technology that analyzes outside sounds in real-time to maximize noise control. This makes Sony's earbuds the best at noise cancellation, according to reviews.
- Sony's earbuds have Google Assistant built-in. Users can just say "OK Google" to activate the assistant and start providing voice commands.
- Additionally, the headphones work with the Sony | Headphones Connect Android app. The app has multiple settings designed to personalize sound quality, and the firmware can be updated via the app, making these earbuds a great long-term investment.
- These earbuds are also praised for their battery life and a unique and high-quality design.
- The Sony WF-1000xM3 earbuds also feature touch controls and on-ear detection, two interesting and useful features, according to reviews.
- The Sony WF-1000xM3 earbuds can be purchased on Amazon for $228.
Jabra Elite Active 65t
- The less expensive option than the Sony WF-1000xM3, Jabra Elite Active 65t earbuds are said to do just a good of a job at noise-cancellation.
- Reviews state that the Jabra Elite Active 65t earbuds have "good sound quality" and that they are excellent for sports because of their fit. However, their larger design might mean that they will be uncomfortable for people with smaller ears.
- These earbuds are rated IP56 for water and dust resistance.
- The Jabra Elite Active 65t earbuds are supported by the Jabra's Sound+ Android app, which allows users to easily customize the sound to their liking. However, Google Assistant support is not built-in, but can be enabled using workarounds.
- The Jabra Elite Active 65t earbuds can be purchased on Amazon for $79.42.
Beats Powerbeats Pro
- Many reviews draw close comparisons between the Apple AirPods Pro and the Beats Powerbeats Pro. The two headphones even have a similar name.
- The Beats Powerbeats Pro deliver "richer sound" and have a longer battery life than the AirPods Pro.
- The unique design of these headphones means users are much less likely to lose them than the Apple AirPods Pro.
- Even though the sound quality might be better, there are a few drawbacks to the Powerbeats Pro, which is why they are included as last on this list.
- The Powerbeats Pro earbuds are mainly intended to be used with iOS devices. Even though they are supported by a Beats Android app, they do not have Google Assistant integration, like the Sony WF-1000xM3.
- In comparison to the Powerbeats Pro, the Apple AirPods Pro have better noise-cancellation. This is because Apple is using active noise-cancellation in its headphones, while Beats opted for passive noise-cancelling technology.
- The Powerbeats Pro earbuds can be purchased on Amazon for $249.95.