Currently, Ryan Green is working as the Managing Director of Customer Strategy & Development, Vice President of Marketing, Chief Marketing Officer, and as the Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer. He received his bachelor's degree from Texas A&M University in Marketing. Below are the explicit findings and detailed methodology.
Biography - Ryan Green: Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer at Southwest Airlines
- His family consists of five members: Him, his wife, Mary, and three sons, namely, Collin, Brady, and Will.
- The proudest moment in his personal life was holding his three boys for the first time.
Hobbies and Interests
- His first paying job was picking blueberries on a blueberry farm, and this job helped him figure out what he didn't want to do with the rest of his life.
- In college, he stumbled into marketing and loved it.
- He advises people to be patient and work the hardest, and everything will fall into place. Mr. Green best advice is, "Life happens, and you figure it out as you go along. You don't have to have it all laid out in front of you."
- His best qualities include integrity, leadership, drive for excellence, and traditions. These qualities helped him get into Texas A&M University and later, to Southwest Airlines.
- Mr. Green strengths include Achiever, Analytical, Significance, and Realtor.
Social Causes or Charities he Supports
- Although there is no publicly available information that Ryan Green supported/supports any social causes or charities, we came across an old report from Southwest Airlines detailing social causes and charities that their employees were involved with.
- According to the report, Southwest Airlines' employees "regularly volunteer their time and donate to the causes that are closest to their hearts."
- In 2010, Southwest Airlines employees volunteered for over 80,000 hours to charities across the country and had a direct impact on charitable organizations within their community. Also, they donated to other Southwest
Airlines employees who were in need.
- Southwest Airlines Employees Catastrophic Assistance Charity (SWAECAC) gives employees the opportunity
to make tax-deductible donations to a collective catastrophic assistance fund through fundraisers and payroll deductions. These funds are dispersed to coworkers who apply due to a personal crisis or need.
- In 2010, Southwest Airlines
employees collectively contributed nearly $1.1 million to SWAECAC.
Social Media Accounts
- His LinkedIn profile.
- Ryan Green does not have an account on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
Prior Work Experience
- Ryan Green joined Southwest Airlines in March 2002.
- He served the Marketing Department in various roles, including Director of Customer Loyalty, Senior Director of Loyalty & Partnerships, Managing Director of Customer Strategy & Development, and, most recently, Vice President of Marketing.
- In 2006, he became Southwest Airlines's Director of Customer Quality until July 2010.
- In July 2010, he was promoted as a Senior Director of Loyalty & Partnerships until Oct 2013.
- In Oct 2013, he became a Managing Director of Customer Strategy & Development.
- Currently, he is working as the Vice President of Marketing (from February 2016), Chief Marketing Officer (from March 2017), and
as a Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer (from Jan 2019).
Current Responsibilities at Southwest Airlines
- His current responsibilities include overseeing and providing direction to many facets of the organization that are important elements for growing the brand and driving revenue.
- This includes brand health, advertising and media efforts, the Rapid Rewards loyalty program and ancillary revenue development, the digital strategy for southwest and mobile channels, as well as driving the customers' experience efforts across the company.
- In his role, he is tasked with fostering brand loyalty for one of the America's most admired companies while looking toward future growth and revenue opportunities.
- According to an article published by The Drum, Jan 2019, Ryan was appointed as a Chief Marketing Officer of Southwest Airlines, and his role is to "give directions on a range of issues relating to the company’s brand, advertising, and media relations."
- As CMO, he has a wide scope of responsibilities, including giving insights and analysis in these areas 1) go-to-market efforts, 2) digital platforms, 3) loyalty programs, 4) partnerships, 5)products, and 6) customers' experience.
Boards he Serves On
Recent News Articles
2. "Southwest Airlines names Ryan Green as new CMO amid restructuring" - 29 January 2019
- Southwest Airlines appointed Ryan Green as the Chief Marketing Officer in Jan. 2019, to provide "direction on a range of issues relating to the company’s brand, advertising, and media relations."
To find the personal and professional biography of the CMO of Southwest, Ryan Green, we initially relied on his profile on LinkedIn and his information available on the company's website, and other relevant articles. Here, we could find almost all the information pertaining to him; however, we could not find any details showing if he supported any social cause or charities.
We also looked for his profiles on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, but we could not find Ryan's accounts on the mentioned platforms; he only has an account on LinkedIn. We went through these platforms to see if he supported/supports any social cause or charities. Unfortunately, we could not find any relevant information even on his Linkedln account to answer that question.
Next, while checking the news articles related to Ryan Green, we also tried to check if we could get any clue of his connection with any of the social causes or charities that he might have supported ever. Although we were able to find the two recently published news articles related to Ryan Green, no information could be found if he supported any social causes or charities. We also searched for a source that could have all his biography information that satisfies the research criteria, which we couldn't find earlier. This search only took us to a paid source from Boardroom Insiders containing almost all the desired information related to his personal and professional life. Still, since it is a paid source, we could not access the details.
Although there is no publicly available information that Ryan Green supported any social causes or charities, while searching, we came across an old report from Southwest Airlines detailing social causes and charities that their employees were involved with. This shows that Mr. Green being at the senior position in the company; he must have supported the social causes and is involved in charity programs. Also, this could be one of the reasons he has not been mentioned in any separate charity program or social cause that he supports; because the company as a whole is involved in this.
Although the above-mentioned strategies were unsuccessful in providing the information if Ryan Green supported any social causes or charities, we could establish an indirect relationship of Ryan Green with charity programs that he might have supported or supports in his present company (Southwest Airlines).