AI and Machine Learning in hiring and recruiting
Creating better job descriptions, streamlining the resume review process, structuring interviews, algorithm based hiring, streamlining the recruitment process, removing bias, optimizing video interview analysis and AI based headhunting are AI and machine learning applications in hiring and recruiting that are currently transforming the industry in the US.
AI AND MACHINE LEARNING DISRUPTION
This 2017 article tells us that in just the last few years AI has transformed the HR technology landscape. It claims that "hiring is one of the most explosive spaces for innovation." Below are examples of how this technology is being implemented in the US, and what types of technology are being utilized.
1. Better job descriptions: Machine learning is enabling HR managers to create improved job descriptions. The technology is able to "flag terms that might project a culture that is unfriendly to certain people." This ensures that job descriptions aren't discouraging.
2. Streamlining the resume review process: Research has shown that people spend between 6-10 seconds reviewing a resume before making decisions on the candidate. AI is currently being used to streamline only the most relevant material, allowing decisions to be made based on the most important information.
3. AI can help structure an interview: AI is being used to help suggest the most appropriate interview questions to ask a candidate in order to get the best sense of the candidate’s actual abilities.
4. Algorithms are better at hiring: Algorithms are being used in the recruitment process to replace humans in the process of reviewing candidates. Algorithms remove the human subjective experience, and are therefore more efficient at picking candidates based on their essential qualities.
5. Streamlining the recruitment process: AI has been developed to streamline the recruitment process. For example, Headstart was devised in order to match students from a "range of backgrounds with opportunities at leading companies". Headstart uses neural networks and machine learning to create a "fingerprint" for each applicant. This fingerprint is then used to match candidates into the most suitable positions for them.
Recruitment AI's SniperAI technology is a platform that uses AI to streamline the recruitment process. The tech startup is considered to have created game-changing technology for the industry. It uses machine learning to match CVs and job specifications with speed and accuracy.
6. Removing bias: AI is being used in the hiring process, not to mimic the human selection process, but to improve on it by removing natural human biases that unfortunately reduce diversity in the workplace.
7. Optimizing video interview analysis: Launchpad Verify is a platform that has been created to use machine learning to introduce continuous improvement into a company's recruitment processes. It measures and rates reviewer scoring and identifies potential inconsistencies, so that problems in the current process can be identified. Data is then used to drive better hiring decisions.
8. AI based headhunting: Woo has been developed in order to provide AI based headhunting technology. It is the very first to create this kind of technology. It matches jobseekers' preferences with companies and available positions.
To sum up, I have found that AI and machine learning applications in hiring and recruiting that are currently transforming the industry in the US are: Creating better job descriptions, streamlining the resume review process, structuring interviews, algorithm based hiring, streamlining the recruitment process, removing bias, optimizing video interview analysis and AI based headhunting. Companies like Woo, Recruitment AI and Launchpad have already created successful technology in this area.