AI Companies in Healtcare-Part 1
Artificial intelligence (AI) can be used to analyze the data of patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. The companies that are using AI to analyze patient's data for cardiovascular diseases are the following: : Alphabet - Verily Collaboration, Omron, Mocacare, VitalConnect, and Biobeat. Meanwhile, the companies that are applying AI for diabetes data analysis are as follows: Livongo, Virta Health, GlucoMe, Admetsys, and Lark. These companies gather data such as blood conditions, temperature, heart-related metrics, and others vital signs to analyze insights through AI. The available required data on these companies are indicated in the linked spreadsheet, rows 3 to 4.
AI Companies in Healthcare-Part 2
Artificial Intelligence (AI) can be used to analyze patient data for cancer and various neurological diseases. Companies that are using AI to analyze patient data for cancer includes Epic Sciences, Paige, Freenome, FotoFinder, and Todos medical. Moreover, the companies that are using AI to analyze patient data for various neurological diseases are Mon4t, Altoida, BrainCheck, Biodirection, and Monsenso. These companies are also performing processes such as cell sampling, generational screening, smartphone technology, and mobile neurocognitive screening, and other processes to analyze insights through AI technology. The required data can be found in the spreadsheet, rows 5-6.
AI Companies in Healthcare-Part 3
Artificial intelligence (AI) can be used to analyze the data of patients suffering from eye conditions. The companies that are using AI to analyze patient's data for eye disorders are the following: Eyenuk, CellmatiQ, Pr3vent, IDx, and Retina-AI. These companies use AI to screen and analyze the diagnostic data from retinal fundus images, macula and subretinal fluids, and 2D/3D ophthalmoscopy images. The required data on these companies are indicated in the linked spreadsheet, row 7, columns A-F.
AI Companies in EYecare
1. Eyenuk — The company's image screening system can detect diabetic retinopathy using an extensively tested AI-powered technology. The system has been tested on over half a million patients and features a database of more than two million clinical images. The screening process uses deep learning algorithms to analyze the images and determine the presence of lesions based on international clinical scales. 2. CellmatiQ — The AI-powered system analyzes 2D/3D ophthalmoscopy images of the fundus. The system can immediately identify the presence of glaucoma and its manifestation. The AI program has been trained on thousands of peer-reviewed diagnoses to determine the correct approach towards disease prognosis. 3. Pr3vent — The company's system screens retinal images of newborns to detect ophthalmic pathology or similar conditions non-invasively. The AI system is capable of testing over 50 million retinal photos every year and consult a review team of pediatric retinal ophthalmologists to determine the disease pathology. 4. IDx — The AI diagnostic system can detect signs of diabetic retinopathy by screening 45' FOV retinal images. The device uses an AI algorithm to analyze images taken with the retinal camera, Topcon NW400. IDx-DR is the first device approved by the FDA to make a screening decision without consulting a clinician. 5. Retina-AI — The company has developed an AI-powered mobile app that enables the provider to detect macula edema and subretinal fluid from O.C.T. retinal scans with over 90% accuracy. The company uses expertly-designed AI algorithms that are supported by cloud servers.
From Part 02
- "Every cancer is as unique as the person who carries it. So the tests that diagnose and monitor the illness must be eminently personal, proven and precise. "
- "Metastatic cancer is a cagey adversary, a shape- and form-changing disease that can be understood only by following its dynamics at a cellular level. Most tests are based upon fixed assumptions of what cancer looks like, however, they come up short. For that reason, Epic Sciences chose a research road less traveled, a bias-free approach that looks at all the cells in a non-invasive blood sample, and thus sees those rare cells that others miss. "
- "Through cutting edge AI, we help pathologists improve the efficacy and efficiency of their work, researchers generate new insights, and clinicians improve patient care."
- "Artificial Intelligence is at PAIGE's core. Our experts have a decade of experience in building large scale machine learning systems for computational pathology. Now they are working on developing novel deep learning and ensemble models to create the first ever clinical-grade AI for pathology."
- "Our mission is to build a clinical-grade artificial intelligence that will revolutionize the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. We are bringing together the world's leading experts in computational pathology, clinical practice, and artificial intelligence who are committed to fulfilling this mission and improving patient care."
- "The number ONE in video dermatoscopy and Total Body Mapping In over HUNDRED countries, THOUSANDS of users, HUNDRED of THOUSANDS of patients and MILLIONS of processed images"
- "The FotoFinder brand is the global epitome of cutting-edge skin visualization technology. Whether early skin cancer detection, hair diagnostics, aesthetics, clinical dermatology or research, FotoFinder Systems stands for the sharpest images and unconditional reliability."
- "Todos’ blood test for breast cancer fills a vast need left by mammogram screening alone which is ineffective for screening women under age 50 and those with dense breast tissue"
- "Todos Medical harnesses advances in FTIR spectroscopy to open new diagnostic frontiers"
- "Despite the increasingly rich AI literature in healthcare, the research mainly concentrates around a few disease types: cancer, nervous system disease and cardiovascular disease"
- "mproving the health of patients who suffer from neurological disorders. By applying an inclusive and personal monitor we make the treatment of neurological disorders more efficient, and personalized for each patient."
- "Montfort leverages smartphone’s integral sensors, in order to provide a digital version for standard neurological tests. These tests are Personal, Real-time, Inexpensive, and can be conducted by anyone, anywhere."
- "Physicians use our Clinic version and pay-per-test. Patients use the Home version and pay-per-month. Our products can be embedded into the products of pharma industry, medical devices manufacturers, and HMO’s, using SAAS."
- "Fantastic achievement for our Alzheimer's Disease Prediction Service (ADPS) “EIT Innovation Award Winner 2018”"
- "Altoida Medical Device (AMD) is a class II medical device to screen and monitor cognitive outcomes. It supports neurologists to classify patients healthy, at risk, and with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) as a digital biomarker."
- "Altoida Medical Device (AMD) provides health care professionals objective measurements of cognitive performance, and is indicated for use as an adjunctive tool to aid in evaluation perceptual and memory function in patients 55 to 95 years old. AMD is a FDA class II medical device enabling:"
- "An interactive portal for patients, allowing physicians to provide cognitive health education and dementia prevention recommendations, remote monitoring, and cognitive care management personalized to your patients’ needs."
- "BrainCheck provides clinical decision support, mapping specific cognitive impairments to areas where a patient is likely to struggle in daily life."
- "Reshaping Point-of-Care Diagnosis of Brain Injury
BioDirection, Inc. is a privately-held medical device company developing novel and rapid point-of care products for the objective management of concussion and other traumatic brain injuries (TBI)."
- "The Monsenso mHealth solution for mental health can help in the prevention, early intervention and treatment of mental or behavioural disorders. "
- "The Monsenso mHealth solution can support the prevention and treatment of the following mental illnesses and is constantly developed to support all relevant behavioural and neurological disorders.
Borderline personality disorder
From Part 03
- "The EyeArt® AI Eye Screening System is the most extensively validated AI technology for autonomous detection of diabetic retinopathy, tested on over half a million patient visits globally with over two million images collected in real-world clinical environments."
- "The EyeArt system provides automated diabetic retinopathy screening without the need for expert human grading or eye dilation, enabling imaging, grading and reporting in a single office visit."
- "The EyeArt system autonomously analyzes patient's retinal images acquired using an integrated fundus camera, robustly detects lesions and signs of disease, and returns an easy-to-read report in under 60 seconds."
- "The EyeArt system incorporates a number of deep learning and image analysis algorithms to automatically assess the quality of the images, detect the presence and extent of lesions, and determine level of disease based on internationally recognized clinical scales."
- "The EyeArt system is the world’s most-validated artificial intelligence (AI) screening tool for diabetic retinopathy, demonstrating high real-world sensitivity and specificity. It is proven to be safe, fast, and consistent."
- "In a study with over 100,000 consecutive patient visits, EyeArt reports a 91.3% sensitivity and 91.1% specificity for referable DR and a 98.5% sensitivity for vision-threatening DR."
- "Palo Alto, California-based AI diagnostic maker Pr3vent, Inc. has closed a Series A funding round led by InFocus Capital Partners. While Pr3vent did not disclose the investment amount in its announcement, MedCityNews pegs the round at $1.5 million."
- "Pr3vent is building artificial intelligence and machine learning-based screening tools specifically tuned to detect ophthalmic conditions in newborns. The screens are not invasive, and seek to identify and address abnormalities early in a child’s development so that future blindness can be prevented."
- "Cofound Darious Moshfeghi said in a statement that the new backing will allow his company to “accelerate the process of developing our revoluationary imaging system for early detection of preventable vision loss in newborns.”"
- "AI Analysis
Pr3vent's AI is capable of screening 50 million retinal images per year to offer personalized screening for all newborns."
- "Deep Learning
Pr3vent trains its AI on hundreds of thousands of images and works with the best pediatric retinal ophthalmogists to detect pathology and achieve unrivalled accuracy"
- "Early Detection
Screening at birth makes it possible to treat children much earlier and protects against avoidable vision loss."
- "Country: Israel | Funding: $130M
OrCam’s mission is to harness the power of artificial vision by incorporating pioneering technology into a wearable platform which improves the lives of individuals who are blind, visually impaired, and have reading difficulties. OrCam has created a technologically advanced device unique in its ability to provide visual aid through a discreet wearable platform and simple easy-to-use interface which serves to enhance the daily lives of people with vision loss."
- "Country: USA | Funding: $52.1M
IDx is a leading AI diagnostics company on a mission to transform the quality, accessibility, and affordability of healthcare. The company’s first product, IDx-DR, is an FDA-cleared AI-based diagnostic system designed for use at the front lines of care to detect diabetic retinopathy. IDx is developing additional AI-based diagnostic algorithms for the detection of macular degeneration, glaucoma, Alzheimer’s disease, cardiovascular disease, and stroke risk."
- "OptaliQ glauco – support doctors’ diagnosis of retinal characteristics."
- "Opthalmoscopy with fundus photography is a major diagnostic tool. OptaliQ’s artificial intelligence:
Will perform immediate automatic identification of glaucoma and its prevalent variants."
- "Has been trained with thousands of dedicated, peer-reviewed, and validated diagnoses.
Enables a roadmap for expansion to diagnoses of other diseases."
- "First applications for ophthalmology are available as libraries for fundus cameras and practice management software, as well as transaction-based services for remote usage."
- "An AI diagnostic system that detects signs of diabetic retinopathy in retinal images"
- "Proven to be effective in real-world clinical workflows"
- "Clinically validated with high sensitivity and specificity"
- "Results in less than a minute - no human grader"
- "IDx is partnered with Medical Workshop in the Netherlands and IBM Watson Health across the rest of the EU for distribution of IDx-DR."
- "The device, called IDx-DR, is a software programme that uses an AI algorithm to analyse images of the eye taken with a retinal camera called the Topcon NW400, according to FDA. "
- "If the images are of sufficient quality, the software provides the doctor with one of two results, either "more than mild diabetic retinopathy detected: refer to an eye care professional" or "negative for more than mild diabetic retinopathy: re-screen in 12 months." "
- "IDx-DR is the first device authorised for marketing that provides a screening decision without the need for a clinician to also interpret the image or results, which makes it usable by health care providers who may not normally be involved in eye care. "
- "In the study, IDx-DR was able to correctly identify the presence of more than mild diabetic retinopathy 87.4 per cent of the time and was able to correctly identify those patients who did not have more than mild diabetic retinopathy 89.5 per cent of the time. "
- "RETINA-AI has developed and released the first Artificial Intelligence mobile app for eye-care providers. This app — Fluid Intelligence by RETINA-AI — detects macula edema and sub-retinal fluid on O.C.T retinal scans with greater than ninety percent accuracy."
- "Fluid Intelligence by RETINA-AI will help eye-care professionals by guiding specialized retina care at the click of a button. "
- "For instance, if an optometrist has a patient in clinic who has macula degeneration, and is unsure if it is actively-wet or not, the optometrist can take a picture of the O.C.T. retinal scan and receive an assessment as to whether that patient urgently needs an eye injection. "
- "To provide this clinical assessment, Fluid Intelligence by RETINA-AI uses expertly-designed Machine Learning A.I. algorithms running in the Cloud."
- "We Develop Artificial Intelligence Software for Diagnosing Retinal & Systemic Diseases from Images of the Retina"
- "Our team at RETINA-AI is therefore developing software tools to enable more accurate, more rapid, and more readily available diagnoses of retinal and systemic disease. Our team is uniquely cross-trained in Ophthalmology, Retina, Computer Science, and Mathematics."