Adoption of Microsoft Power BI
Qlik, Looker, and SiSense are popular tech companies that provide business intelligence to companies to inform their decision-making processes. While Looker and SiSense have experienced strong performance and positive growth from indications, such as revenue, innovation/disruption, mergers and acquisition, employee count, and other factors, Qlik appears to be recovering from its crash in 2016 after it delisted from NASDAQ. Below, is an overview of these companies.
- According to company databases, Craft.co and ZoomInfo, Qlik faced massive drops in employee count and revenue following its delisting and subsequent acquisition by Thoma Bravo, all in 2016. However, these variables have apparently remained stagnant based on recent data provided by these databases.
- Also, while its website visit has been on a general decline in the last six months, its number of Twitter followers has consistently risen in the same period.
- Over the years, Qlik has expanded its offerings, portfolios, and capabilities by acquiring over nine tech companies. Between 2018 and 2019, it acquired five of such companies.
- Qlik continues to expand and extend its AI capabilities by acquiring RoxAI and its intelligent alerting software — Ping. The Ping solution expands and increases Qlik's existing solutions and AI capabilities by ensuring that "Qlik can now deliver actionable, self-service alerting and workflow automation capabilities."
- In the coming times, Qlik is expected to further extend the Ping solution "by integrating Ping with workflow and robotic process automation (RPA) solutions that will further accelerate business value of customer data." When Ping will be launched by 2020, these integrations will help Qlik deliver the most robust end-to-end business intelligence solution.
- "Qlik does business in more than 100 countries with over 40,000 to 50,000 customers globally."
- According to market intelligence tools, Enlyft and HG Insights, they track 21,265 to 21,572 companies that are using QlikView. The company has a market share of about 6.9% in the business intelligence space.
- Some (top) companies that use this solution include Aspire Technologies, William Jackson Food Group Limited, Humana, Citigroup, among others.
- Based on these two market analytics (Enlyft and HG Insights), the top industries where QlikView is used the most include computer software, information technology and services, hospital & healthcare, manufacturing, technical, and business services.
- Qlik offers the fastest channel to business value through data. Qlik puts that by leveraging the only end-to-end solution for data integration and analytics, it makes business intelligence accessible by "creating a shared fabric of trusted, real-time data, collaborative analysis, and actionable insights."
- Customers choose Qlik over other business intelligence alternatives because "its unique associative analytics engine and sophisticated augmented analytics" allow customers to freely explore all their data to discover and deliver insights they can’t find with other alternatives.
- Leveraging Qlik's true governed multi-cloud architecture, these customers can easily deploy these data and insights according to their desires — and by doing so, they largely scale users and data without barriers such as security and poor performance.
- Qlik targets companies that need to accelerate their business values through data or to build/create a data-driven culture.
- In 2019, Forbes reported that Looker was growing faster than the 11.9% the business intelligent market was growing. This attracted its acquisition by Alphabet, the parent company of Google.
- Looker has been performing well as it has increasingly raised over $280 million in funding since 2013. Its revenue run rate is over $100 million and it's enjoying 70% year-over-year growth.
- Looker's employee count was expected to increase from 600 to an additional 200, as it continues to expand into new markets, "especially Tokyo, Japan to support current customers in the region and drive growth across Asia-Pacific."
- This strong performance is because "Looker offered IT departments a better solution to their data analytics problems. It reconstituted several data analytic functions in a single platform — bringing business information such as revenues, bookings, and the lifetime value of the customer into the hands of users and companies."
- Another reason was that Looker onboarded "almost 500 new customers, including Cisco, ESPN, Marks and Spencer Plc, Trivago, Adyen, Live Nation Entertainment, Bell Media, SunRun, Inc., and Five Guys." Moreover, according to HG Insights, the number of companies that use Looker increased by 51.07% in the last 12 months.
- Also, its website visits, online and social media presence have all maintained a steady rise over time.
- With a presence in the US, Europe, and Asia, more than 2000 companies use Looker to find true power and choice in their data. In 2018, Looker expanded its business into Japan and the Asia-Pacific market.
- Some popular companies that use Looker include Yahoo, GitHub, Avant, TransferWise, Fitbit, the Walt Disney Company, among others.
- According to market intelligence tools, Enlyft and HG Insights, they track 356 to 3,920 companies that use Looker. More and more companies are using this solution as the numbers increased by 51.07% within the last 12 months.
- Looker has a market share of about 0.12% in the business intelligence space.
- According to Enlyft, based on the industries that see the most user companies, the top industries are computer software, financial services, and internet, while for HG Insights, they are technical, business services, and, manufacturing.
- Looker delivers data experience that informs the decision-making of organizations with a new approach.
- Looker’s data platform goes beyond business intelligence to help firms drive impact through data experiences by seamlessly integrating it into business operations, connecting with third-party systems, and empowering companies to build their own data applications.
- With these, Looker is able to deliver world-class business intelligence capabilities and its business intelligence tools are accurate, accessible, and actionable.
- Looker targets companies that need and love analytics, including business intelligence, big data analytics or a 360° view of their customers.
- Potential customers could also be those that need analytics for the following applications: sales analytics, digital marketing analytics, and web analytics.
- In 2017, Deloitte recognized SiSense as one the Fastest Growing Tech Companies in EMEA, with revenue growth of 1,032%, as the company successfully added over 100 companies to its client base and doubled its employee base. This recognition was for its impressive corporate momentum, growth and technology innovation it achieved in previous years.
- Since then, "SiSense has continued to grow, adding game-changing technologies trusted by the world’s most advanced data science teams through its merger with Periscope Data in 2019."
- SiSense has grown to be an industry leader with more than $100 million in annual recurring revenue, over $200 million in funding, over 2,000 customers globally, and 750 employees in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Australia. The employee count has increased by 20.41% in the past 12 months.
- More recently (January 2020), the company was valued to worth more than $1 billion as it secured over $100 million in funding. This will enable the company "to accelerate innovation, scale across the globe, improve the company’s sales, marketing and development efforts, to increase market share, and to accelerate investment in its platform."
- The company attributed this latest growth and development to the traction it received from its customers, industry-leading analysts, and leading companies for its cloud-native platform and new AI capabilities, in the last 12 months.
- Also, its website visits and online and social media presence have maintained a steady rise over time.
- SiSense has over 2,000 customers globally.
- Some popular organizations it serves include HP Enterprise, NBC, Philips, NASDAQ, Molina Healthcare, Accenture, Motorola, Verizon Wireless, Fujitsu, among others.
- According to market intelligence tools, Enlyft and HG Insights, they track 762 to 1,535 companies that use SiSense. More and more companies are using this solution as the numbers increased by 20.41% within the last 12 months.
- SiSense has a market share of about 0.2% in the business intelligence space.
- According to Enlyft, based on the industries that see the most user companies, the top industries are computer software, information technology and services, and hospitals and healthcare, while for HG Insights they are technical, business services, and manufacturing.
- "The SiSense data and analytics platform is a complete end-to-end business intelligence platform that empowers data engineers, developers, and analysts to build analytic apps that deliver highly interactive user experiences."
- The platform massively fastens up the required time "to build, embed, and deploy intelligent analytic apps that unleash user creativity and engagement," delivering the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) at scale, all on a hybrid-cloud platform.
- SiSence targets organizations that need every required tool to build powerful analytic apps — ranging from tools to embed analytics to tools to impact and inform business decisions.
- It also targets businesses that require "new digital platforms for enterprise-grade analytic apps, on any cloud or on-premises, at the lowest overall TCO."