Adobe Software - Communicating Value to Students
Reviews/surveys is one of the most effective marketing solutions to promote any product to students. And, Forbes states that traditional marketing such as ads is not an effective way to market a product to students anymore.
MARKETING BRANDS TO STUDENTS
- Marketing brands to students is considered to be one of the hardest marketing especially on campus.
- According to Forbes Magazine, traditional marketing such as ads is not effective anymore when reaching student consumers. Which is why, social media channels like Facebook and Instagram are one of the popular marketing channels for students, as it blocks ads that they do not find relevant.
- Students nowadays want to listen in a word-of-mouth marketing than seeing ads.
- Reviews/Survey is one of the most effective marketing solutions when it comes to students. This is the primary thing a student would look into when downloading or purchasing apps. And, when they see positive reviews from other students, they are most likely to download it.
- Making use of brand ambassadors who are students is probably one of the most personable marketing technique. A company can promote their products through trust from another student, classmate or family.
- Incentivizing is a way where loyalty programs and coupon works. In this way, students would stay loyal to a brand every time they use the product. This is enticing for student because they are aware that they are benefiting from the brand.
- "Through social media, you are able to get students involved in the marketing solution process which will only increase brand awareness. Examples of this include, getting students to tweet about their experience with your app, or posting a photo of the food they received through your mobile ordering feature".
SELLING SOFTWARE AND SERVICES ONLINE
- Make use of cloud hosting services instead of in-house, because data testing and developing is more convenient from data centers to production.
- Do a beta testing first before investing in resources for developing the software. It is a great help when it comes to software improvement to create a simple mock up of the product and get feedback from the users, firsthand.
- Offer a free trial to first time users.
- Allow free access to premium features. This can encourage possible consumers to try out the software.
- Include a short video about the product experience.
- Use emotional marketing and sympathize to the difficulties people experience without the software.
- Show a software feature comparison table on why the product is the best choice among any other.
- Have third party referrals or social media collaborations and communication solutions for higher education.
- According to studies, a brand who puts "money back guarantee" in their website of marketing statements boost marketing sales to 40%.
- Include active phone numbers and HQ address to website.
- Provide a 24/7 customer support for customers.
- Conduct market across channels that could accelerate the adoption of digital services.
- Research on different forums on the internet to search for prospective customers. A brand can participate in any topic/forum in relation with their brand and conduct marketing process in that forum.
- Adjust the brand marketing regularly and use metrics if the brand marketing done was a success or not.
HOW TO TARGET YOUTH ON SOCIAL MEDIA IN GENERAL
- Invest in Facebook services like sponsored post, re-targeting ads, ads with specific target customers and functional e-commerce store linked in social media platform.
- Try humanizing the brand because young people only trust (unpopular) real people compared to influencers and celebrities who just promote products because they are ambassadors.
- Manage the platform well to create a well branded online community by publishing unsponsored post, responding to comments and questions, create customer-related campaigns, create imagery and messaging, and provide informative post outside the products.
Your Research team applied the following Strategy:
We were unable to find relevant information about the best ways to market Adobe software to students using business to consumer channels which would include Spotify, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, and on-campus methods. However, we were able to identify information on how to target students during brand marketing in general, how to sell software and service online, and how to target youth on social media.
Our first attempt to find the data was to search for pre-compiled information on articles and journals about the best ways to market Adobe software to students using business to consumer channels like Spotify, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, and on-campus methods. We were aiming to find a 'best list' or a 'top list' about some popular practices of brand companies who has been successful in their social media marketing strategies, in order to apply the same practice to promote Adobe software to students. Nevertheless, there were no articles specifically about the best ways to market a software to students using business to consumer channels. Results of our searches were about brand marketing to students only. However, because of the relevancy of what we found in the course of our research, we have included the data points in this brief.
As our second attempt, we looked for qualitative information from experts in the industry about Adobe company's marketing efforts targeting youth through company interviews. We also looked for sponsored media articles that discusses Adobe's stand on how to implement effective marketing strategies for software providers using social platforms and targeting young people/students. We were hoping to locate data on how the company would attract youth to use their services for educational purpose at school and at home. Nonetheless, our searches did not return relevant information. It was only about the benefits of having Adobe software to students. However, we found data about targeting young consumers on social media. Further, we were also able to find information on how to target students during brand marketing in general and how to sell software.