Activities For Children 4-6 Years of Age - Sun Valley, Idaho
Five additional activities to keep kids that are between the ages of 4 and 6 years old busy during the day in Sun Valley, Idaho in November 2019 are ice-skating, sledding, pottery painting at Local Color, playing at BCRD's indoor playground, and creating pottery art at Boulder Mountain Clayworks.
- Sun Valley has an outdoor rink to practice ice-skating.
- The activity is suitable for children ages 4 and 6.
- It located at 1 Sun Valley Rd, Sun Valley, ID 83353, USA.
- The entrance rate for children aged 6-12 years is $10 and for children aged 5 or less the cost is free if they enter with an adult, who has to pay $12.
- The ice rink website can be accessed here.
- Sun Valley has many places to take kids sledding. These include Penny Hill, Baker Creek, Galena Lodge, and Quigley Canyon. Penny Hill is considered to be "the most popular and easiest place to sled."
- As per the pictures included in The Chamber and Visit Sun Valley, children 6 and under may have fun doing this family activity.
- Penny Hill is located at Sun Valley Road (at Saddle Road), Sun Valley, ID 83353.
- Most sledding options in Sun Valley are informal, which means families can go sledding for free. Visit Sun Valley recommends buying a sled in Sturtevant’s, Chateau Drug, or The Toy Store.
- Since Penny Hill is an informal location, it has no website. However, its Foursquare site can be accessed here.
POTTERY PAINTING- LOCAL COLOR
- Local Color is a pottery studio for all ages, where kids can paint all kinds of pottery.
- According to Visit Sun Valley, this activity is suitable for all ages and, as per Yelp's pictures, small children can enjoy it.
- It is located at 160 W 4th Street (across from Ketchum's Post Office), Ketchum ID, 83340.
- Prices range between $5-$30 per pottery piece.
- Local Color's Yelp site can be accessed here.
BCRD INDOOR PLAYGROUND
- Blaine County Recreation District's (BCRD) indoor playground provides toys for active play and opens early November.
- The place is dedicated to children ages 2-6 years old.
- BCRD is located at 1050 Fox Acres Road, Hailey ID, 83333.
- The playground's rate is $3 per child per visit or $75 for a family season pass.
- BCRD's indoor playground site can be accessed here.
BOULDER MOUNTAIN CLAYWORKS
- Boulder Mountain Clayworks offers kids the chance to create plates, cups, or their own creations. "Open studio times and classes are available throughout the year."
- The studio provides "clay experiences" for all ages, which means it also includes children aged 4-6.
- Prices range from $45 to $165. For example "Children’s Clay Daze w/ Aleta Taylor" tuition costs $148 and is available on November 4, 11, and 18.
- The studio's website can be accessed here.
We were unable to provide Local Color's website. In order to find it, we first looked through government sites such as Visit Sun Valley. This source provided us with the recommendation of the place, but it only contained this place's address and phone number.
Next, we searched through review sites such as Foursquare and Yelp. However, these sources only contained the open hours and the address information of the store.
Finally, we tried searching for the store's social media sites, like Facebook or Instagram. However, the name of the store is no available in any of these sites.
Given this, we decided to provide the store's Yelp site.