ACA Press Scan - 9/1/19-9/25/19 (Analysis)
An analysis has been provided for the media search for 9/1/19-9/25/19. The analysis may be viewed both in the attached Power Point presentation and Google Slide Presentation.
- Gig worker bill, AB-5, progresses through California State Senate. The bill would ensure gig economy workers are entitled to minimum wage, workers’ compensation and other benefits.
- Californians who lost the option to automatically re-enroll in an ACA change plan were less likely to hold onto their insurance coverage than households that could enroll automatically.
- College health plan costs vary widely. But there are plenty of insurance options.
- In 2018, Covered California, announced that all in-network hospitals must meet a target of 23.9% for low-risk C-sections by the end of 2019 or risk losing their in-network designation.
- AB-5 will change how California employers can classify independent contractors.