Progressive Digital Messaging
Progressive's digital messaging is detailed in Column E of the attached spreadsheet. Progressive Insurance employs humor and satire in its marketing message for the auto and home products. The company makes use of multiple brand characters to communicate insurance coverage and benefits. Further, details about the company are recorded in the attached spreadsheet.
Summary of Findings
- Progressive Insurance employ's multiple brand characters for its marketing campaigns. The most iconic character includes 'Flo,' the over-enthusiastic salesperson. The company makes use of diverse themes, stories, and characters to communicate its insurance products without making them sound complicated.
- Social media platforms used by the company include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram, Life Lane, and Pinterest. The company also promotes advertisements on television, radio, mailers, web banners, events, OOH, and others.
- Progressive Insurance was named as 'Marketer of the Year' at Radio Mercury Awards-2019. Some recent podcasts sponsored by the company include Shower Session with St. Vincent, Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness, and Health on the Highway.
- The insurance company hosted the Chicago Boat, RV & Sail Show Opening night with 24 influencers. Attendees included millennial lifestyle influencers like Devin Deangelis (13.6K followers), Jen Eats Chicago (15.5K followers), Chicago Food Events (15.3K followers), and Zhenya Hutson (19.3K followers).
- In 2019, Jan E. Tighe was appointed as one of the Board of Directors (Non-Employee) for the company till 2020. Alternatively, none of the C-Suite profiles or senior marketing positions witnessed a change in the past 12 months.
State Farm Digital Messaging
Summary of Findings
- An in-depth scan of recent press on State Farm reveals that the company has not made any leadership changes in the C-Suite or senior level of the marketing group within the last 12 months.
Allstate Digital Messaging
Allstate makes use of their social media platforms for marketing. Through the platforms the company shares posts and videos about the features of their products. We have included all relevant details in the attached spreadsheet.
- Allstate has stated that their brand offers quality "auto insurance both on and off the road". They have also stated that their personalization tools and innovative capabilities are best in-class.
- They view themselves as a home insurance that offers "more than quality coverage" due to their innovative tools, morning saving discounts, and the quality of their local agents.
- Allstate mostly promotes their auto and home insurance products via their social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest. The company focuses on posts and videos about the benefits of their product.
- Besides social media platforms, the company also makes use of TV ads to share various videos demonstrating the auto and home insurance products they offer.
- According to Media Monitors, which tracks national radio advertising in more than 85 markets, Allstate is among the leading auto insurance companies that uses radio advertisement.
- Allstate used influencers during their " Worth Telling" and "Mayhem" campaigns. Recent influencers that the company has made use of during their campaigns include Tina Fey, Dean Waters and Dennis Haysbert.
- In 2019, Carrie Blair joined Allstate as an Executive President and Human Resource Manager.
- In January 2020, William Terrance and Eric Bradt joined Allstate as the General Manager of Allstate Agency Distribution and the Chief Claims Officer, respectively.
- Recently, Fitch revised Allstate's rating from positive to stable due to the company's economic fears over the coronavirus epidemic.
- Allstate has recently started using Drivewise to monitor the speed and breaking habits of their customers. Through the program, customers can be rewarded for driving safely by incurring lower insurance premiums.
- Allstate recently lost 8.2% from its core market even though the company well during the 2019/2020 fiscal year. This is mainly attributed to the coronavirus epidemic, which is affecting the nature of the company business.
Farmers Digital Messaging