2020 US Public and Private Investor Conferences Part 3
Seven conferences that will bring investors together with public and/or private companies and are scheduled to be held this year in the US have been provided in the attached spreadsheet. Informa connect, SelectUSA, Silicon Valley Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum/Fair (SVIEF), TMT Finance, CB Insights, Fund Intelligence, and OneTraction are organizing these conferences. A brief overview of these conferences can be found below.
SuperReturn US West
- Host Firm: Informa connect
- Date: February 10-12, 2020
- Location: InterContinental Century City, Los Angeles, California
SelectUSA Investment Summit
- Date: June 1-3, 2020
- Location: Washington Hilton, Washington, D.C.
SVIEF 2020 Global Investment Summit
- Host Firm: Silicon Valley Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum/Fair (SVIEF)
- Date: January 11, 2020
- Location: Silicon Valley, Santa Clara, California
TMT M&A Forum USA 2020
- Date: March 31, 2020
- Location: The Metropolitan Club, 1 E 60th St, New York, NY 10022
Future of Fintech 2020
- Date: June 14-16, 2020
- Location: Pier 27 & Pier 29 Campus, The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA
Fund Intelligence Leaders Summit 2020
- Host Firm: Fund Intelligence
- Date: February 25, 2020
- Location: Convene, 32 Old Slip, New York, NY
Fintech Innovation Ventures Summit
- Date: June 17, 2020
- Location: The Bryant Park Ballroom, 2nd Floor (Conference room), 54 W 40th St, New York, NY 10018
To identify conferences that bring private equity firms and/or other investors together with public and/or private companies and are scheduled to be held this year in the US, we looked through event websites, e.g. Eventbrite, F4 Events, 10times, etc. In addition to that, we also looked into lists of major technology, media, and business services events to find any conferences meeting the required criteria. Using these approaches, we were able to find several conferences that are scheduled to be held this year in the US and are focused on bringing investors and public and/or private companies together. However, most of these conferences were related to the healthcare, biopharma, or energy industries. We then shortlisted the conferences that featured topics related to technology, media, business services, and/or private companies and provided our findings in the attached spreadsheet.
2020 US Public and Private Investor Conferences Part 4
Seven additional 2020 U.S. public and private investor conferences that have been entered in rows 22-28 of the attached spreadsheet are the Responsible Investment Forum, The Sahn Investment Conference, Alternative Investing Funds, the Impact Investing Forum, the North American Family Investment & Impact Conference, the Kayo Women's Private Equity Summit, and E-Capital Summit 2020: Private Equity Investing in Environmental Technology. Details are below and in the spreadsheet.
Responsible Investment Forum
The Sahn Investment Conference
Alternative Investing Funds
- This event is scheduled for February 3, 2020, at the Harvard Club, New York, 35 West 44th Street, New York, New York.
- It is hosted by Catalyst Financial Partners.
- This event focuses on the alternative investment industry and addresses the specific difficulties LPs and GPs have in "raising capital and finding sophisticated active investors."
- There will be discussions on strategies such as L/S equity & long-only, credit & fixed income, merger arb, event driven, quant & options, currencies, macro & CTAs, international/global markets, distressed & deep-value, commodities & energy, and more.
- There will be no service providers in attendance, only managers and investors.
Impact Investing Forum
North American Family Investment & Impact Conference
- This event is scheduled for October 19-21, 2020 and will be held in Denver, Colorado, although a venue has not been released yet.
- It is hosted by Campden Wealth.
- This event is for family offices, private investors, and thought leaders who are interested in learning more about impact investing.
- Topics include sourcing investments, selecting the right managers, late versus early-stage investing, the viability of asset classes, and how impact and ESG can be integrated into investments.
- Attendees can look forward to "fireside chats, keynotes, and family case studies on private equity, venture capital, brand new family-only sessions like Family Connections Needs & Leads sessions, two cocktail receptions, and private dinners."
Kayo Women's Private Equity Summit
- This event is scheduled for October 13-14, 2020 and will be held at the Boston Harbor Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts.
- It is hosted by Kayo.
- Approximately "350 of the nation's leading women in private equity, venture capital, and M&A including institutional investors, lenders, and finance, legal, and consulting advisors" come together to network, make deals, and attend professional development sessions.
- Past speakers include Diane Mulcahy of the Kauffman Foundation, Peggy Koenig of Abry Partners, Lauren Dillard of NASDAQ, and other notable women.
E-Capital Summit 2020: Private Equity Investing in Environmental Technology
- This conference is scheduled for April 22-24, 2020 in Dallas, Texas.
- It is hosted by EarthX.
- At this event, "private capital, financiers, early to late-stage companies, industry thought leaders, key local and national policy-makers, incubators, accelerators and researchers" will come together to form partnerships that integrate investing with environmental solutions.
- There will be an inclusive investment forum, an innovation expo, capital connection, and more.
- In 2019, there were 754 attendees, which included 166 speakers, 189 companies, 24 accelerators & incubators, 15 universities & researchers, and 125 investors.