Social Media Year-End Campaigns-Part 1
Facebook's Year in Review was launched in December and is about highlighting the memories each individual shared during the year. Instagram's Top Nine year-end campaign was launched in November is about highlighting the best nine moments each individual shared on their platform.
Facebook Year in Review
- The 2019 Facebook Year in Review was launched on December 14, 2019.
- The 2019 Facebook Year in Review was launched globally and is being rolled out spontaneously. The year-end campaign is personalized to each individual and is about highlighting the memories each individual has shared during the year.
- Facebook's 2019 Year in Review is a purely mobile video campaign launched on android and iOS. It is a video collage as those in previous years where a few of the individual's posts throughout the years are highlighted. Unlike in 2018, the year-end campaign is not available on the web browsers on computers or laptops.
- Facebook's year-end campaign is only available on its android or iOS app on its apps.
- The video collage is normally tagged by the individual's name. For instance, if the person's first name is Jack, it is tagged "Jack's Year in Review." The individual also has the option to edit the tag if they choose to or share it as it is.
- Some of the creatives can be accessed here
Instagram's Top Nine
- Instagram's Top Nine year-end campaign was launched on November 29, 2019.
- The campaign is about generating stories and videos featuring a user's best nine Instagram posts. A user's best nine moments are generated using the Top Nine tool which takes into account "likes, comment content, similarity with other selected photos, and other factors" to generate the best moments of 2019 for each user.
- The 2019 Instagram's Top Nine was launched globally and has been rolled out to all individuals. The year-end campaign is personalized to each individual regardless of the city or where the individual is, so there are no notable cities specifically for this campaign.
- The media type is video and/or picture collage. Individuals can choose to share their top nine photos as just pictures on Instagram or turn the top nine photos into a picture or video collage which can be shared on Instagram.
- The main advertising channel is Instagram. Instagram created a separate website for the project (topnine.co) to help make a collage out of the person's top nine images and a link is then emailed to the individual so they can easily share the top nine moments on their Instagram page.